A Little More Detail
Available for school tours for more information call the main office number 403-527-1234.
Pioneer Village is located in the Park behind the Carriage House. Take a stroll down memory lane. There are 7 different buildings to visit. The Fire Hall which stores a horse-drawn Fire Pumper that served the town of Irvine in the 1900s. The Blacksmith Shop which on occasion there are demonstrations of how things were done in the good old days. The McKay Creek School house which was built in 1933 for Walsh and area students. St. James Church that was constructed in 1924 for the town of Hilda. Austin's General Store that was in operation for over 80 years. The Garage that stores a couple of oldies but goodies. Also a replica of The North-West Mounted Police Battle Creek Detachment that was opened in 1890.
Visit these buildings and so much more during our annual Exhibition and Stampede in July.
If you would like to visit this area during another time of the year please call the main office in advance.