|Meet the 2018/2019 Stampede Royalty|
|Haley Schlenker - Queen||Abby Perrett - Princess|
Haley and Abby were crowned July 2018 as the new Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede Royalty and are enjoying a host of activities throughout the community and you can keep track of them by following them on Facebook.
We’re looking for applicants for the 2019-20 Stampede Queen & Princess
Applications must be received by Thursday, May 31, 2019 at 5:00pm
Please note there is a $50 fee to request the application package. Click HERE for an information sheet.
This includes; Complete details about Queen Contest, application form, Criminal Record – Consent form and a copy of the Queen Committee Policies.
1. Must be a female, aged 18 to 24 years (as of July 1st of the current year when running for Queen Contest).
2. Must be single, never married, not pregnant, nor had a child, nor living common-law.
3. Must agree not to marry during your one-year reign (July to the crowning of new Queen/Princess in July of the current year).
4. Must be a Canadian Citizen and eligible to acquire a Canadian passport.
5. Must be a resident of the Medicine Hat area (175 km from City Center) for one year prior to running in the contest. Exception being, raised in the area but away for the past year due to educational reasons, health or job related.
6 Must agree to live within a 175 km of Medicine Hat (city center) during the year of your reign.
You must have a current/valid driver’s license, or a legal form of picture identification.
Must not have a criminal record and must consent to a security check.
The Queen Committee oversees the running of the Queen Contest and all aspects of the Contest and program. The Committee is responsible for receiving the Queen Contestant application forms and determining the eligibility of each contestant.
Contestants are judged on three (3) categories:
YOUR COMMITMENT AS QUEEN OR PRINCESS
800 - 1000 volunteer hours per year
For a full application please contact:
Virginia Polec, Administrative Assistant
Queen Competition week July 8 until 13
July 10: Horsemanship competition
July 11: Speech Night
July 12: Fashion Show
July 13: Queen Crowning and Kick - Off Dance
To arrange for Royalty to attend your function fill out the below form and email it to email@example.com or fax to (403) 529-6553